Sunday 20 September 2015

Why bother to sew?


 Don’t get me wrong.  I love to sew and there is something very satisfying about making something yourself. For one thing, you can get just the right fit. For another, you can choose your fabric and have a one-off garment.  However, I found this little linen shirtdress on sale in France, marked down from 69 euros to 23 euros.  I couldn’t resist. The fabric would cost as much and it would take me some time to make it. All that detail, pockets, plackets, buttonholes.  Now all I need is a day warm and sunny enough to wear it.
N.B. This is a post that I wrote in the summer.  Accessing the internet was either too difficult or too expensive.  I did, in the end, wear the dress.  I am now thinking of dying it black or navy to increase the wearing time because white linen is only really appropriate in high summer. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I would keep it white. It is very pretty and it will give you something to look forward to on a dreary day.

    ReplyDelete