Tuesday 15 October 2013

Knit and Stitch Show - Oops, I've done it again...



 On Saturday I went to the Knit and Stitch Show at the Alexandra Palace for the first time.  What a mission to get there from South London! And it was mobbed.  But that's a good thing because it means that lots of people are knitting and stitching.
It is never a good idea to allow me near a place where they sell fabrics and this was no exception.  When I saw these Japanese cotton fabrics, I JUST HAD TO HAVE THEM! I always refer to it as 'a rush of blood to the head', but really, it is an addiction.  I wanted the whole lot of them - the whole stand's worth.  So probably, it is not a bad thing that I only bought six little bundles of 1/2 meter each. That's my justification and I'm sticking with it.
I love them.  I keep getting them out to gloat over them and I will make something with them soon. I think they would make a lovely quilted throw to use when watching telly and perhaps a couple of cushion covers as well.  What I love is that they are good quality cotton in such charming prints and that they coordinate as well.  I can't wait to get started, but I have a couple of other projects which must take priority.

The print on the left is the one that first caught my eye.


See how well they go together.


These two make a good contrast, they add a bit of depth.


And finally, these two add a bit of light to the mix.


These fabrics are from a shop in Chichister called The Eternal Maker at 41 Terminus Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8TX.  Tel. 01243 788174. Their website is www.eternalmaker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment