Wednesday 13 February 2013

Work in Progress

I have three sewing projects on the go and must finish two of them by Saturday. No pressure. I have been publishing lots of recipes lately because we have to eat and I enjoy cooking.  It's not that hard to take a photo and post the recipe. I should be sewing right now, not blogging, but blogging is so compulsive.


The half-finished kimono


1)  The kimono for my friend has been put together.  I need to set in the sleeves and line them and make an obi to hold it together.  Hope to see my friend on Saturday evening and as this is now a late birthday present, must finish it.


The French linen sheets


 2)  I am turning a set of old French linen sheets into curtains for my daughter's new house.  I've seen so many designs in decorating magazines using old French linen.  Occasionally it is dyed a denim colour or a pale pink.  I am so intrigued by this that I sometimes pick up linen when I am in France.  I now have a few pieces, but this is the first time I have done something with it. It can be found in 'Vide Greniers" (empty your attic) and at Brocantes (always more expensive there). You can see the pretty faggoting which I have used as the hem to make a feature of it. It is impossible to take a photo of the whole thing, but they are BIG and heavy.  I have lined them with polyester cotton sheets (more stable than curtain lining) and now must make the channel at the top and work out a way to attach blackout.  I will try Velcro and hope for the best.  The blackouts can then be removed and they can be cleaned professionally.  No one wants to iron these things as they are worse than linen tablecloths; however my daughter has a steamer and I am hoping that will smooth them out. Must be finished by the weekend.

The quilt,  unpicked


3)  I have unpicked the wadding from my 'puffy' quilt and will follow the good advice I have had to re-do it.  There is no deadline, so this is going back in storage until I have time to work on it.

N.B. This is not a moan.  I love doing these things and probably work better under pressure - like most people.  Hope you are enjoying your projects too.


1 comment:

  1. The kimono looks beautiful - as for work in progress - we all have too much of that - mine would take forever to document!

    ReplyDelete