Sunday 30 September 2012

Two Dresses, One Pattern




I made these dresses in the early summer, but did not photograph them until early autumn.  Here they are hanging from the pear tree in our small London garden.  In the background you can see the hydrangeas which almost match the dress on the right.
Having made the blue Liberty print dress, I decided to use a piece of raspberry linen to make another one.  I changed the neckline and added patch pockets.
Both dresses were a success except that they are a bit too triangular for me. I have decided to nip in the waistline on the blue one by making an obi to cinch it  and to alter the raspberry one by taking in the centre front and side seams to give it a bit more shape.  They should be ready by next summer.
It seems, I never really get the look right until the second wearing. Does anyone else have this problem?
Apart from that, they are perfect summer dresses. (Note the irony.)




Before Hubby got to France, a friend and I had a two day break in Jersey, staying in a smart hotel with a posh dining room.  I had not taken dress clothes with me to France, so I had to make do with the raspberry dress.  I smartened it up by wearing red shoes and a necklace from a collection that my friend sells on her site: http:zippy-zebra.surinternet.com.



The original dress

A close up of the neckline

Restyled dress
New neckline and necklace by Zippy Zebra






No comments:

Post a Comment